As the year creaks to an end, I thought it would be good to do a round-up of the Top 10 Apps, Blogs or Websites that have had the most impact on my life in 2015.
Go and have a look. They might change yours.
- Cheri Gregory – If you have known me any amount of time, I have shared one of her posts with you. She is real and transparent and complex and funny. And she is helping women to become free without trying to. She is just trying to become free herself and sharing her journey. We may have been separated at birth;
- Dalene Reyburn – Dalene is a South African mum, speaker and author who honestly shares her heart about her desire to become more like Jesus and her struggle with her son’s “optical challenges”. She wrote and lives a book called: Dragons and Dirt which you need to get if you are serious about making a change in this world and still stuck in the “But I am too small” cycle. And her words are beautiful and up there with best writers;
- A New Name – Phew. This girl survived anorexia. So what? Anorexia can start when you try to get control over your life and can’t. So you try to control what you can. It’s not really about weight-loss at all. Check her out. She’s a fighter;
- Proverbs 31 – A beautiful, raw daily devotional featuring some amazing writers. I loved Lysa Ter Keurst since she introduced me to my crazy self as an “Unglued Mama” and she started Proverbs 31 Ministries;
- To Love Honor and Vacuum – I have actually been following her for longer than just this year, but- Sheila Wray Gregoire gets down to the nitty-gritty of being a good wife. And she talks about things that make you blush, but that will save your marriage. One click and you will be hooked;
- The Daily Generous Wife – What I love about this blog is that it is so counter-cultural these days to focus on being generous to your husband. We (I) focused for a long time on what my husband can do for me. But when you start to focus on how you can BE a blessing, YOU start to change. Lori sends you daily e-mail tips on how to be a Generous Wife;
- First 5 App – A beautifully crafted app that takes you through books of the Bible for 5 minutes a day. Created by Proverbs 31 Ministries. Just get it. You will grow in God’s Word.
- Jon Acuff – I found this funny, clever man through Cheri Gregory and his book “Start “, changed my life (and I don’t use the term lightly. Except that one time with roll-on hair remover. It really did change my life). I had to read the book in my native tongue, Afrikaans, and I normally read in English, so it was a bit Stop-Start (see what I did there), but I couldn’t put it down. He made me believe that it is not too late to start writing;
- Jeff Goins – A more humble and generous mega-influencer you will not find. He truly wants to help people and he truly wants you to write for the joy of it. Because of him and the My 500 Words group I now write almost every single day. And I love it! Thank you.
- Blue Letter Bible – A fellow student introduced me to this site in Bible College years ago and I haven’t looked back. Video and Audio commentaries and dictionaries on almost every verse in the Bible. I can’t do research without it;
- SpiritsWord Devotional – A simple and Spirit-filled Devotional for those who want to go deeper.
Oops, was that 11? Normally I over-promise and under-deliver, not the other way around. But that’s a post for another day.